Immigration and multiculturalism continue to shape Canadian society and identity.
- Changing government policies about the origin of immigrants and the number allowed to come to Canada
- Immigration to BC, including East and South Asian immigration to BC
- The contributions of immigrants to Canada’s development (e.g., Chinese railway workers, Sikh loggers, Eastern European farmers, British investors)
- Push and pull factors
- Settlement pattern
- Growth of cities, provinces, and territories as a result of immigration
- Why did East and South Asians come to BC and Canada, and what challenges did they face?
- How has Canada’s identity been shaped by the immigration of individuals from a wide range of ethnic and cultural backgrounds?