Education 480 Designs for Learning: French as a Second Language
Bonjour!! Bienvenue sur mon site web!!
This course will provide a practical approach to teaching French as a Second Language. Students will utilize a multidimensional approach in lesson design while developing an understanding of the theoretical principles of second language teaching and learning. Each class will provide opportunities for students to add to their repertoire of classroom ready activities while enhancing their capacity and confidence to teach French. Instruction in English.
By the end of the course, students will:
• Acquire the theoretical knowledge of teaching and learning a Second Language;
• Utilize the Integrated Resource Package for Core French in conjunction with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) and Language Portfolio (LP) in planning lessons and units;
• Reflect and assess their own language learning;
• Understand and use a communicative approach to teach language;
• Create language lesson plans;
- develop my knowledge of teaching and expand my Second language;
- provide easy access of lessons, relay important information, and provide handouts for students, parents, and administration.
Area of Interest
Learning v performance & challenging traditional coaching. (2014, June 22). Retrieved July 24, 2015, from http://www.getsportiq.com/2014/06/learning-v-performance-challenging-traditional-coaching/
Personal French Learning
Throughout the term, we have been asked to be reflective with regards to our own journey with learning French.
Math. (n.d.). Retrieved July 24, 2015, from http://mrmannion.weebly.com/math.html
We were asked to create two lesson plans and I decided to do focus on Clothing.
Reflections. (2007, August 26). Retrieved July 24, 2015, from https://hcavolunteers.wordpress.com/reflections/
We were requested to write Personal reflections and discuss our thoughts from our readings, films, & presentations
Unit Planning. (n.d.). Retrieved July 24, 2015, from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/186195765817132824/
Links. (n.d.). Retrieved July 24, 2015, from http://www.mdbfaa.org/links/