Collage (20 Points)
The collage needs to be about 5 things, ideas, people, or places in ancient Egypt. The idea is to tell us facts and connections visually. You will need to know some facts to share on presentation day. Below are suggestions for collage themes. You may choose other themes, but must get a teacher okay before creating the collage using a theme other then the ones below.
- Five great pyramids or structures (like a temple or a sphinx) and the pharaohs who had them built
- Five of the Egyptian gods and what the gods ruled over
- Five steps in the mummification process
- Five social classes and the work they did
- Five aspects of Egyptian art (example: they always show the feet from the side even though they show the torso from the front)
- Once you chose your theme you must do research on it. Remember even if you look at a picture or use that picture in a collage that is a form of research.
- (research must be kept track of in a google doc or in a notebook. Research should include notes on what you learned and where the source was (web address? book title author? This information will be used in class to create a bibliography)
- Now create a collage fitting your theme that you have chosen and reflecting the research you have done.